This revision of the Office of Consumer Relations Policy Handbook was published on July 2, 2018. Summaries of new or revised items are provided below.
Office of Consumer Relations Handbook (PATS 10852)
The Office of Consumer Relations (OCR) is updating its program policies to reflect:
- The change to its name (from OCA).
- Changes to other programs under DFPS.
- That DFPS is no longer under HHSC.
- Changes to how the OCR responds to written complaints submitted to our office via email and online form.
- The creation of the HHSC Foster Care Ombudsman.
- Additional data reports that the OCR must submit each year.
- OCR’s part in ensuring the Central Registry is updated in a timely manner when a disposition has been changed from Reason to Believe in a Child Protective Investigation case.
1200 The Mission of the Office of Consumer Relations
1300 Relationship With the Health and Human Services Commission Office of the Ombudsman
1400 Methods of Informing Consumers About Filing Complaints
1500 Contact Information
OCA Data Reports
2100 Definition of a Complaint
2200 Who Can Submit a Complaint to the OCR
2300 Complaints That OCR
OCA Accepts for Review
2400 Complaints That OCR
OCA Does Not Accept for Review
2500 Complaint Intake
2510 Complaints Made Over the Telephone
2520 Written Complaints
2530 Notifying Program Staff
2540 Determining the Finding
2550 Closing and Responding to Complaints
Complaints and Inquiries
4000 Executive Assignments
5000 Appealing an Administrative Review of Investigation Findings (ARIF)
5100 Requirements for OCR
5200 Denial of OCR
OCA Review Process